Dull and lifeless skin is common. It happens when you get old or when there is pollution in the air. Skin can be bright and beautiful again if you do not use lab experimented with chemical creams or treatments.
Some DIY masks can help you have glowing skin. This is really good because it can be expensive to buy face masks. The ingredients in these masks are cheap and might already be in your kitchen.
These homemade face masks are great. They can make your skin feel better. You can use them when you need to make your skin look better and not so dull.
How Do DIY Homemade Masks Work?
Nature has many ingredients that help your skin. These include things like antioxidants, which can stop the damage done by free radicals.
There are also ingredients to make your skin better and to reduce pigmentation in some people.
There are several fruits and spices in our kitchen that will help the skin look better. Many of these ingredients are what people in skincare products use.
So, it may be a good idea to use them directly as a DIY face mask for glowing skin.
The best homemade face masks contain ingredients that are both hydrating, exfoliating, and detoxifying. Natural ingredients can be all three at the same time.
When you use these correctly, they work wonders on your skin.
When you put on the face mask, your skin will look better. The thick consistency of the mask traps the water in your skin from outside. This makes your skin soft and healthy-looking.
Read More: 10 Best Collagen Powders For Skin & Overall Health
When you make a mask at home, the ingredients can work their magic on your skin. And it is relaxing to do.
So if you want to make a good face mask, try stocking your pantry with different ingredients that could be used for this.
Top 9 DIY Face Masks To Make Your Skin Glow
Try these homemade recipes to make masks. They will make your skin feel better.
1. Crushed Strawberry Face Mask
Strawberries can help protect your skin from UV rays. This is because they have Coenzyme Q10, which reduces oxidative damage. This strawberry face mask can be effective against dullness and aging caused by sun exposure and pollution.
- 5-10 fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon organic honey
- Crush the fresh strawberries in a blender to make a thick paste.
- Mix in the honey to get a smooth consistency.
- Apply the mask on the face and neck for 20 minutes, and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
2. Yogurt and Turmeric Face Mask
Turmeric and yogurt are a good combo for making a face mask. Turmeric is good because it gives your skin some antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds, so your skin gets better. Yogurt is also hydrating and fights against acne too. So this face mask can help with 2 things at once–skin dullness and acne.
- 1 teaspoon organic turmeric
- 1 tablespoon organic yogurt
- Mix the turmeric powder with yogurt until it is a paste.
- Apply the paste to your face and neck, and leave it on for as long as you can.
- Then wash off with warm water and dry your skin.
3. Papaya and Honey Face Mask
Papaya is a food that helps you when you have pimples and wrinkles. It also makes your skin look better. Honey removes dead cells from your skin, so it looks better too. You can make a face mask with these ingredients and get great results.
- One small slice of a ripe papaya
- One teaspoon organic honey
- Mash up the papaya until it is smooth.
- Add honey to it and mix well.
- Apply this mixture to your skin for 20 minutes, and then rinse off with tepid water.
4. Tomato And Buttermilk Face Mask
Studies show that an ingredient in tomatoes, called Lycopene, combats photoaging and improves skin texture when applied topically. When paired with healing buttermilk, tomatoes form a powerful face mask that reduces dullness and brightens the skin from within. If you use this mask 1-2 times a week, your skin will regain its youthful glow.
- One small tomato
- 2 teaspoons buttermilk
- Blitz the tomato to get the juice.
- Mix buttermilk with tomato juice.
- Apply it to your skin, and then rinse it after 30 minutes.
5. Pumpkin Face Mask
Pumpkin has vitamins A, C, and E. They are antioxidants that fight photoaging (getting wrinkles from the sun). They also help your skin renew itself faster, so you do not get wrinkles. You can make a pumpkin face mask with these three ingredients: one cup of pure pumpkin puree, two tablespoons of honey, and one teaspoon of cinnamon. Mix it and put it on your face for 15 minutes before washing it off with warm water.
- One slice of ripe pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon organic honey
- ½ teaspoon milk
- Puree the ripe pumpkin in a blender.
- Add honey and milk to the paste.
- Apply it on your face and neck, then rinse off with water after 10 minutes.
6. Cranberry and Oats Face Mask
Cranberries have antioxidants that fight dullness. Drinking cranberry juice can help too. If you mix cranberries with argan oil and oatmeal, the mask will be even better for your skin.
- 10 cranberries
- 1 teaspoon argan oil
- 1 tablespoon oatmeal
- Add the cranberries and argan oil to a blender to make a smooth paste.
- Mix the oatmeal in the paste.
- Massage the face mask on your skin with gentle circular motions.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes, then rinse off with warm water.
7. Chickpea Flour Face Mask
Chickpea flour is a great ingredient for a DIY face mask. It removes dead skin and also contains magnesium to improve your skin’s elasticity. When combined with milk and rose water, it will form a gentle skin-brightening face mask for all types of skin.
- 1 tablespoon chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 2 teaspoons rose water
- Mix chickpea flour with milk and rose water.
- Rub the paste on your face in a circular motion.
- Keep this mask for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse off the mask with water when it has begun to dry.
8. Mashed Banana Face Mask
Bananas are a fruit that is good for your skin. They contain antioxidants and ingredients that make them soft and bright. You can make homemade masks with bananas to have fresh skin. Bananas are also good for using up the overripe bananas in your kitchen.
- One ripe banana
- One teaspoon organic honey
- Put the banana in a blender and blend it until it’s smooth.
- Add honey to the banana.
- Put the mixture on your face and neck.
- Leave it on for 10-20 minutes, then rinse off with warm water.
9. Egg White Face Mask
Egg whites have bioactive peptides that help you to stay young. They also have moisturizing lipids and anti-inflammatory compounds. This can repair your skin from the first use.
- One egg white
- 5 drops of almond oil
- Beat the egg white until it is bubbly.
- Add the almond oil to the egg and mix well.
- Put on a face mask for 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- You can also use whole eggs instead of just egg whites for extra hydration.
Use a toner and moisturizer after you use any DIY face mask. The next day, wear sunscreen because some natural ingredients in the mask might make your skin more sensitive to sunlight.
You May Also Like: Hormonal Acne: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
People with inflamed or irritated skin should not use a homemade face mask. And people with sensitive skin should do a patch test first.
Homemade masks are good for your skin. They can reduce damage and help your skin stay young. You need to use natural ingredients that contain gentle skin-brightening nutrients, like fruit, spice, or dairy products.
You can make a skin-brightening mask by using ingredients that are pure and organic. A face mask should also be mild and soothing.
The recipes that are listed above follow this guideline. The recipe is good for your skin if it is gentle, moisturizing, and does not irritate. When you use the recipe one or two times a week, it will make you look radiant like never before.